DOWNLOAD VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT FORM
Who Can Volunteer at EOYDC?
Anyone, at almost any age, can be a volunteer at EOYDC. We encourage children and youth as well as adults to help in whatever ways they can.
What Can I Do To Help?
There are lots of things you can do to help us here at EOYDC! We always take into consideration the kinds of activities in which you have special interests or abilities, but we also ask our volunteers to be open and flexible about the kinds of assignments they will accept. EOYDC utilizes volunteers in the following departments throughout the Center:
When Can I Start?
That all depends on whether there is an immediate need for your assistance or if we need to place your name on our “Call” list and let you know whether a volunteer opportunity has become available. There are many times during the year when help from volunteers is needed, so you probably won’t have to wait very long, if at all.
How Do I Join?
Joining the Volunteer Club is Easy! Simply fill out our Volunteer Commitment Application which lets us know what your interests are, what special skills or experience you may have and what days and times you are available and that’s it! We will contact you shortly and let you know whether we have an assignment for you immediately or if we need your help for a future project.
Ways to Help
- Administrative - Answer phones, Typing Projects, Make Phone Calls, Bulk Mailing Projects, Maintain Photo Library, Filing, General Office Assistance, Distribute Flyers
- Wellness - Time keepers, Scoreboard Operators, Coaches Assistants, Equipment Monitors, Weight Room Assistants, Referee, Assist with Pee Wee Basketball, Supervise Double Dutch and other general athletic activities.
- Arts Department - Art Room Assistants, Kitchen Assistants, Dance and Music Room Assistants, Field Trip Chaperones
- Education - Assist EOYDC staff tutors in helping youth understand and complete their homework. Adult and teen mentors, story-time leaders/assistants.
- Building Maintenance - Special projects such as keeping the building and grounds clean and free of debris, helping with indoor painting, landscaping, spring cleaning or other maintenance projects.
- Special Events - Assist with program distribution, guest registration, refreshments/snack bar.
- Fund Raising- Since we provide all of our services to the community free of charge, we welcome volunteers who have specialized training or experience in areas like fund raising, or who know individuals or organizations that contribute to nonprofit agencies!
- In Kind Donations - Perhaps you can’t donate time or finances but you can volunteer equipment or supplies that would benefit the youth who use the center. In-kind donations are gladly received!